This 1965 AC Shelby Cobra 427 Diecast model is of 1/24 scale or about 7.5 inches/19 cm long. It’s shipped in random color (red or yellow). Hood and doors are openable. Interior is decently detailed but this is not a high-end car model which is obvious considering its price.
AC Shelby Cobra 427 is one of the if not the greatest cars produced in 1960s. It has 427 cu in (7.0 liter) Ford FE V8 engine that develops 425 bhp and 480 lb-ft (651 Nm). Top speed is 164 mph or 264 km/h. Hemmings Motor News did 0-60 mph in 4.0 seconds and 1/4 mile in 13.8 seconds with AC Shelby Cobra 427 and that’s with 1960s tires that have no grip compared to modern tires.
Its performance is pretty impressive even by today’s standards. It lapped racetrack Haute Saintonge faster than many modern sports cars like Bentley Continental Supersports (621 bhp), Nissan 370Z and Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG W204.
AC Shelby Cobra 427 was produced from 1965 until 1967 and 348 cars in total were produced.
- Horsepower: 425 bhp
- Torque: 480 lb-ft (651 Nm)
- Top speed: 164 mph/264 km/h
- 0-60: 4.0 seconds
- 1/4 mile: 13.8 seconds
- Weight: 1,035 kg / 2,282 lbs
- Layout: FR
- Frame: Aluminum over Tubular Steel Frame
- Suspension: Equal Length Wishbones with Coil Springs over Dampers
- Front brakes: 297 mm disc brakes
- Rear brakes: 273 mm disc brakes
- Transmission: 4-speed manual